Scholars of Islam | Level: Difficult!| Prize: 2 tickets to ‘A day with Shaytaan’ course – Please send all answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which present-day country was Imam Bukhari born in?
- Which of these scholars was a non-Arab?
- Imam Muslim
- Imam Tirmidhi
- Imam Abu Dawud
- All of the above were non-Arab
- All of the above were Arab
- In which century was Imam Ghazali born?
- 3rd century Hijri
- 5th century Hijri
- 11th century Hijri
- What was Imam Nawawi’s first name?
- Which of these was a student of Imam Malik?
- Ibn Abbas
- Imam Shafi
- Imam Abu Hanifah
Dhu al Qa’dah edition Questions/Answers:
- Where was the first Surah revealed?
Answer: In Makkah
- Which relative of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) has been mentioned by name in the Quran? What was their relationship to the Prophet (saw)?
Answer: Abu Lahab who was the Prophet Muhammad’s (peace be upon him) paternal uncle.
- Which Prophet has been mentioned in the Qur’an whose three generations were also prophets?
Answer: Ibraheem (AS)
- Which Surah is considered as the ‘Heart of the Quran’?
Answer: Surah Yaseen
- ‘Bani Israeel’ is mentioned numerous times in the Quran. Whose generation were these people part of?
Answer: The generation of Prophet Yaqoob (peace be upon him)
- Which companion/Sahabah of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) has been mentioned in the Quran?
Answer: Zaid Bin Harith (RA)
- How many Surahs in the Quran have the titles named after different Prophets? And which ones are they?
Answer: 6 Surahs:
- Surah Yunus
- Surah Hud
- Surah Yusuf
- Surah Ibrahim
- Surah Nuh
- Surah Muhammad
7. How many Angels have been mentioned in the Quran? And what are their names?
Answer: 5 Angels:
- Jibraeel (AS)
- Meekaeel (AS)
- Haroot (AS)
- Maroot (AS)
- Maalik (AS)
8. How many Surahs begin with ‘Alif Laam Meem’ and what are they?
Answer – There are 6:
- Surah Al-Baqarah
- Surah aal-e-Imran
- Surah Al-Ankabut
- Surah Ar-Rum
- Surah Luqman
- Surah As-Sajdah
9. How many Prophets by name have been mentioned in the Quran?
- Who was the only woman who has been mentioned in the Quran by her name?
Answer: Maryam (AS)